Parenting during the New Year
Updated: Jun 20
Between back to school, shopping, cooking and all the other errands to run, our stress builds quite rapidly during this time of year. It can be hard to enjoy this season with our family when our stress gets to us.
Here are a few tips to use during this time:
· Remember that your needs are just as important as your kids. Take care of yourself so you can take care of your children. You can’t fill from an empty cup!
· Make a list of priorities to get done for each day. Remember that you won’t finish your entire To-Do list in one day. When possible, give children age-appropriate tasks to help alongside you to accomplish your list. An example could be if you need to get dinner made, give the kids the task of their own bowls to mix things, or give them the task of collecting the ingredients around the kitchen. They can also help with drying dishes or sweeping the floor.
· Connect with loved ones. Strengthen your social connections and bring that positivity home to your family.
· Set boundaries with your kids. Just as adults want more, kids will want more sugar cookies and candy no matter what. Set boundaries ahead of time when you can. Remember consistency is key, when expectations are set, keeping them consistent and following through will decrease the likelihood of breakdowns.
B Vitamins are essential for many key functions in the body. Some of these include the following:
· Helps decrease stress and improve mood
· Increases energy - Deficiencies in folic acid, vitamin B12, vitamin B6 or biotin may result in feelings of fatigue
· Helps maintain healthy levels of serotonin
· Promotes normal cognitive performance
· Promotes healthy aging
· May help support markers of DNA stability
· May help in the maintenance of long-term health
· May support DNA integrity which is a marker of aging
· Helps maintain the health and length of telomeres which have been associated with healthy aging
· Promotes healthy levels of homocysteine and supports normal endothelial function
· Promotes cardiovascular health
To order supplements please click the button below:
*The statements in this blog have not been evaluated by the FDA. Products or ingredients discussed here in are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.